Archroma, a global leader in specialty chemicals towards sustainable solutions, recently announced the launch of its new Color Atlas by Archroma® Polyester Library, with 1’440 colors for sportswear, athleisure, swimwear, children’s clothing, shoes, fashion and home textiles.
In 2016, Archroma launched the Color Atlas by Archroma®, a unique tool dedicated to providing fashion designers and stylists with off-the-shelf color inspiration for cotton that can be implemented in production with just a few clicks.
This original Color Atlas Cotton Library today contains 4’320 colors, almost double compared to similar tools available to textile and fashion specialists, with options for purer ingredients and lighter resource usage for brands exploring more sustainable collections.
‘Engineered Color Standards’ readily available for every color ensure the entire supply chain is aiming for the same color and are supported via worldwide technical dyeing support. The result is seamless color management from the color selection to its implementation in production.
Introducing the Color Atlas by Archroma® Polyester Library
Building on this success, Archroma is now introducing a Color Atlas library with 1’440 colors carefully selected in collaboration with fashion, sportswear and trend experts.
The new Color Atlas by Archroma® Polyester Library brings together colors in line with current trends, from the most neutral tones to the most vivid hues to fluorescent colors.
Composed of two volumes, the Color Atlas by Archroma® Polyester Library allows professionals to quickly compose the palettes they need:
- Colorful book covers indicate the shades that lie within each book, making it easy to select your palettes
- Each volume‘s accordion-fold book design yields quick, intuitive browsing of all colors allowing for fast creation of mood boards and palettes.
- Also available online, the Color Atlas by Archroma® Polyester Library makes it possible to search for the exact color of an object or garment using a photo, thanks to its ‘color on the go’ search tool.
- A simple click on each color also lets the user know additional information including eco-labels for the dyes used.
Extremely resistant and reproducible colors
In line with the most demanding performance specifications, the shades of Archroma’s first Color Atlas by Archroma® Polyester Library are characterized by their:
- Excellent resistance to washing, so that they can be easily used for the design and production of sportswear fabrics and articles,
- Achievability and reproducibility in global production supply chains,
- Compliance with the main ecological standards, such as bluesign®, Oekotex® or ZDHC, as well as the specifications of major brands.
Maximizing benefits with Archroma’s ‘system’ approach
Since 2019, Archroma has introduced its system approach, combining innovations and products especially selected to help create value in textile and fashion application processes and end markets. More information is available in the online Archroma System Selector.