Functional workwear manufacturers are aggressively expanding production facilities and operational processes to keep up with constantly evolving consumer requirements
The colossal demand for functional workwear apparel in the healthcare (medical) sector for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic, helped partly mitigate the losses in the fashion market – the coronavirus pandemic has pressed governments to impose extensive stay-at-home regulations, which hurt the apparel consumption and manufacturing. The global functional workwear apparel market is anticipated to rise at a strong 7% CAGR, for the projection period 2020 – 2030.
The existing global demand for PPE for medical workers, and sanitization sector, will deliver lucrative opportunities as projected by a report published by Fact.MR.
This will aid market players to protect revenues during the crisis. The global functional workwear apparel market is projected to grow increasingly supported by developments in athleisure fashion, once the COVID-19 pandemic ends.
“Combining practical workwear with business casuals would minimize health and safety risks arising from any health and environment hazards. This will improve revenue generation from global functional workwear apparel sales in the months ahead, even after the pandemic is brought under control,” says the Fact.MR study.
Functional Workwear apparel market- critical takeaways
- Performance sportswear will contribute substantially to the functional workwear apparel market, while athleisure clothing is expected to gain traction.
- Functional workwear apparel for the service sector is expected to surge as online channels of distribution gain ground.
- Hypermarkets and supermarkets account for a highly functional apparel market, driven by affordability and easy access to products.
- The Asia Pacific excluding Japan is a prominent market propelled by the growth of construction and industrial developments, with strong demand from the defense services sector.
Functional workwear apparel market- drivers
- Wide scope of application in multiple verticals including medicine, athleisure, and sports, will aid market growth
- The rising popularity of health and wellness trends is an essential influencer supporting developments in the industry
- Extensive spending on promotional activities carried out by functional workwear apparel manufacturers will drive value sales
- Material innovations of UV protection, waterproofing, insulation, and moisture transfer among others are critical to bolstering sales
Functional workwear apparel market- restraints
- Lack of adequately skilled manpower for production remains a critical problem for manufacturers
- The rise in utility costs is also restricting operations, hindering the production of functional workwear apparel
COVID-19 impact on the functional workwear apparel market
Functional workwear apparel manufacturers are focusing their efforts on minimizing the effect of potential disruptions in supply chains, arising from nationwide lockdowns. The market is anticipated to recover during the first quarter of 2021. Health authorities have designated functional workwear apparel for sanitization and healthcare sectors as essential, which helps in improving logistics and services.
The operational flow, however, from one channel to the next remains limited owing to restrictive state laws, lack of manpower and vehicle shortages. Online functional workwear apparel retailers seek to attract buyers with sales schemes. Organizations are facing reluctance by investors, as retailers are forced to shut shop, even as worker numbers fall sharply through 2020.
Leading functional workwear apparel manufacturers are taking advantage of the growing consumer base for outdoor, active and workwear brands. Major brands are pushing to optimize management processes for consumers and retail-focused operations. Blundstone Australia Pvt. Ltd., VF Corporation, and Williamson-Dickie Mfg. Co. are some top functional workwear apparel producers.